Find below a list of our most common issues, how to fix them and when to call us for more help.
1. Swegway Shudders or Vibrates
The first thing to try in this case is recalibration. Due to the nature of the product, Swegways do need recalibrating especially if crashed or ridden on rough terrain. It simply means the gyroscopes are not level, which can cause an uneaven movement on each side causing vibrations.
Recalibration can be done at home:
1. Lay the board level on your lap with your legs bent 90 degrees and the foot pads pointed upwards towards the ceiling. Make sure the board is off.
2. Ensure the board is completely level using either a spirit level or by eye. You can line up the casing grooves on each section of the Swegway, which is usually very accurate. Ensure the Swegway is parallel with the floor as if it is tipped forwards or backwards, it will reset to this position as though this is level.
3. Hold the on button. The lights at the front and on the top of the board will flash 5 times in quick succession. Continue to hold until there is a 6th flash which will be a couple of seconds after the 5th flash. After this 6th flash turn the board off and then back on.
This should have recalibrated the board into the position it was held.
If calibration does not work, this can be a common problem if the Swegway has water, mud or dirt particles under the foot pads which are blocking the sensors. This can mean the Sensors are being activated by internal foreign bodies even when you've dismounted. If the Swegway has been ridden on muddy or dirty terrain this is the most probable cause. It will need to be returned to us for a service. The cost of a service is £35 including postage both ways.
2. Board Does not Appear Level
If a board has rolled or crashed in any way it can knock it off-centre. The most common troubles we see are footpads that point towards the floor and are no longer level. See above the instructions for recalibration which will return the board to a level-position.
3. The Swegway will not Charge
It is very important that care is taken to align the groove on the charging port and the groove on the charger before insertion. There are 3-pins on the charger and 3-pins in the port. Matching up the outdent on the port with the indent in the charger will ensure safe insertion of the charger and avoid breakages. Please do not force the charger into the port without aligning the grooves. Scratch marks around the charger lead is indication of the charger not being aligned properly with the port.